Irrfan khan was a phenomenal talent and dearly touched everyone’s heart with his versatility. He was a legend on and off-screen. His contribution to cinema will never be forgotten. Somewhere, he leaves a lasting impression on everyone. He was an absolute powerhouse, so full of life, always the center of the room. He is the only character who connects with the audience of every age group. He left us too soon at the age of 53. He was suffering from neuroendocrine tumors since 2018. Irrfan khan will always have a special place in our hearts. There are some unforgettable quotes of Irrfan khan, that give you the glimpses of his beautiful heart.
Amazing Irrfan Khan Quotes
1. Honour and disgrace are not in your hands.
2. People like to see my work not face.
3. The key to a happy life is to accept you are never actually in control.
4. When you are young you are fascinated by so many things. Some things drop, some stay. I can be without anything but I cannot be without nature.
5. What happens with every role, you have to trick yourself, you have to creatively find ways to explore the mental state of your character.
6. Language doesn’t make one an elite.
7. It’s always an inner wish of every actor to reach out to maximum audiences.
8. I can recite poetry, but I cannot write it.
9. A film engages you emotionally and intellectually.
10. For me, acting is becoming naked in front of people, you know? And when you know in the back of your mind somebody is testing you, you cannot really bare yourself. That’s a feeling I always have when I’m auditioning.
Recommended – Profound and Meaningful Quotes from The Good Place
11. In India, therapy is not part of the culture; it has not become such a big need.
12. Sometimes when you’re playing a very intense character, a disturbed character, you find other layers. That’s much more interesting to me, rather than just playing ‘intense.’ I find it too boring.
13. Maybe to become famous is to reassure yourself that whatever you’re lacking inside, you’ve fulfilled that.
14. I’ve realized that my… let me call it ‘destiny’ or some force that has pushed me to identify looking for your comfort zone as a kind of limitation. And everybody has a tendency to fall into the comfort zone. I did that in the early stage of my career.
15. You cannot reduce the power of the story with the tag of money because it’s not a share market. So you must know the seriousness of the power of storytelling.
16. We don’t have a culture of realistic acting in India.
17. I cannot live anywhere else except India.
18. I’ve played many characters that have consumed me and owned me.
19. I don’t want to do romantic roles where I have to lip-sync to a song. A role that explores romance on a new level would suit me.
20. It surely gives you a high to be an international actor with quality work.
Recommended – Hilarious And Thoughtful Quotes From Sex Education
21. Parsi theater was known for its melodrama.
22. I can’t think of a more pathetic situation for an actor than to do a film and not connect to it. And I pray to God that I never face that situation.
23. I’m trying to strike a balance between Bollywood and Hollywood.
24. When you come out of the theatre and you don’t even talk about that film or remember it, then it disappoints me.
25. I am not ready to fit into the mold of commercial cinema.
26. I want to entertain people, but with some substance.
27. Cinema is changing every week, and multiplex audiences are demanding every week.
28. I will only do a Hollywood film when there is something special offered to me.
29. The sign of a good society is where talent is respected.
30. Hollywood isn’t ready for an Indian leading man.
31. A nation needs to know how to utilize talent.
32. I was going through a crisis once, so I went to therapy because I was so unbearable for myself.
33. Our Bollywood stars who talk of being part of 100 crore films, I think I belong to the 1,000 crore club.
34. I am lucky that the Western world chooses me to play roles in their movies an television, whatever language it may be.
35. Wanting fame is a disease and one day I will want to be free from this disease, from this desire. where fame doesn’t matter. where just experiencing life and being okay with it is enough.
36. In Bollywood, the effort is to look younger, which sometimes is not at all enjoyable. People look at an actor and say that he doesn’t look at what he is pretending to be. I hope it changes. I hope people can play their own age.
37. The day, I become conventional, something inside me will die.
38. It pains me when a film actor or a cricketer is a youth icon. I don’t have anything against them. They are great entertainers; they are useful for society. They contribute to people’s lives. But they are not heroes.
39. I am not a very talkative man, and people are threatened by silence. If you are sitting in a group and you are not saying anything, people start getting insecure. They start thinking, he is a snob. He is thinking something negative about me. Silence brings out your devils.
40. I never looked to create an image, where people fall in love with my face or style. It does cross my mind. But I have to try to create a space for myself where I don’t depend on that.
Recommended – 16 Brilliant Quotes from BBC’s Sherlock
We lost true gem as Irrfan khan, nothing will ever compare to him. He will live on forever in our hearts.